Sigma Technologies is a team of consulting, engineering and design professionals who provide expertise and resources to network technology and infrastructure projects primarily in the telecommunications and power utility industries.
Designs, implements and maintains human resources policies, programs and processes, including onboarding and orientation, benefits, employee relations, and health and safety. Serves as Office and Facilities Manager. Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a wide variety of tasks and a significant degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to a Director.
The HR Manager is responsible for:
- Create and deliver offer letters, conduct background checks and orientation
- Note: Recruiting is a stand-alone department with a separate manager
- Benefits programs (Medical, 401k, PTO/Vacation, Education Assistance)
- Includes management of relationship with Medical and 401k Brokers
- Legal compliance with applicable human resource federal and state requirements, including conducting investigations and maintaining records
- i.e. ERISA, ADA, ACA, FMLA, COBRA, EEO-1, OSHA, FLSA, etc.
- Safety management activities and accident reporting
- Maintenance of company handbook, policies and related procedures
- Human Resources Training (i.e. Harassment, FMLA, Confidentiality, etc.)
- Off boarding and Unemployment claims
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Maintenance of existing records filing and retrieval processes/systems and implementation of future systems as necessary
- Employee Relations
- Office Management and Facilities Management:
- i.e. Cleaning Contract, General Maintenance (Plumbing, Electrical), Phone System, Landscaping & Snow Plowing Contracts, Copier Contracts, General office management and supplies, etc.
- Managing HR Administrator, Office Administrator and Receptionist
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge (i.e. attendance at educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies)
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing other related tasks as needed.
- Safety First – Nothing is too important that it can’t be done safely!
- Tell the Truth, See the Truth.
- Make a Good Deal and Keep It.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years human resources experience, preferably in a service firm
- Must be discrete; a commitment to maintaining company confidentiality and privacy guidelines is a requirement
- Must be computer literate, particularly in QuickBooks and MS Office
- Must be able to endure frequent, lengthy periods of sedentary work
- Must have the visual acuity to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing notes, viewing a computer terminal, using measurement devices and identifying, inspecting, and recording facilities and structures
- Must have dependable transportation and valid driver’s license and insurance
- Must be able to pass a background check/drug test/driving record check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to collaborate with a multi department team
- Professionalism and superior oral and written communication skills
- Flexibility and able to work under pressure, in a fast pace environment and under tight deadline requirements while maintaining a positive attitude
- Proactive and resourceful, with strong problem solving skills, the ability and willingness to take ownership of projects/challenges, and demonstrate good judgement.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and experience in office policy and process management
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize, multitask, and prioritize
Pay is commensurate with experience and education.
Sigma is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on an employee’s race, color, gender, sexual preference, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other classification protected by law.